Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hall of mirrored glass, where each pane shows a possibility - each a reflection of a different place and a different time. Enter freely, but tread softly - not all reflections are places of peace.

Home----------------------- I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am
Latest topics
» Image Wars: The Doom of Attention
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

» The Not-Marvel Marvelous Menagerie
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

» The basics of where we are today
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

» Meow meow.
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

» The Resurrection...
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

» The Corrupted Wish Game
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

» Endless Story
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

» HERRRRRRRRRP
----------------------- I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Shoutbox

-----------------------

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

----------------------- Empty
PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Back to top Go down
http://jellyfishslayer.deviantart.com
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Last edited by Jalsinter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 pm

Last edited by Jalsinter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:57 am

Last edited by Jalsinter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:15 am

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 am

Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 am

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 am

Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:00 am

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 am

Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 am

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 am

Last edited by Jalsinter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:48 am

When Enthlyi made the decision to follow the mysterious figure, he found himself suddenly standing in what seemed to be an entirely different location than the one he had been in before. The walls were smooth, covered with some manner of soft red paper; over the floor was lain out a thick plush carpet, covered in intricate designs. There were paintings hanging from the walls, a small bed shoved into a corner, a short writing desk with inkwell and quill, as well as a small round table with two chairs. By all appearances, the chamber belonged in the home of a minor noble- not tucked away beneath the ruins of a ramshackle piece of property with a sordid reputation.

The human would barely have had any time to react, before the door was shut behind them- and fastened shut with the barely audible click of a lock falling into place. The dark cloak swayed at the ankles of the stranger as the front parted, and two arms rose to pull back it's hood.

The woman was slender and petite, her skin tan and rosy, face set with high cheekbones and large, bright amber eyes. She had long black hair that was pulled back into a loose ponytail; etched into her cheeks with dark ink (as well as creeping into the low collar of her shirt) were two tattoos that began as talon marks and bled into abstract shapes as they fled from view.

She tossed the unlikely visitor a wicked smile, her eyes shining with mischief in the lantern light. "Do you have the key, still? Go on, take out."

Last edited by Quixotic on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:00 am

With a jerk the key was held in the air by a free hand, his eyes never leaving her; studying her expression after having done the same to the unusual surroundings the hidden corridors had to offer. Biting back an exasperated sigh, he tried once again.

"Why am I here?" As he came to a stop, his other hand reached for the dagger; lingering just above the hilt but never quite touching it. "You locked the doors- well, that's obvious, but still...!"
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:08 am

Red lips twitched upwards into an almost playful smirk as the roguish woman directed him with the flourish of a hand- towards the light of the lantern. With a soft sound, the source of the light was placed on the table; she drew out a chair for him, turning her own chair around 'till the high backing faced the table, and she took a seat. The womans arms crossed over the carved wooden top of the chair, getting comfortable before answering him.

"You've an inquisitive mind. I like that." Long fingers danced along the table, and she pointed a finger towards the other chair. "Sit. Inspect the item I gave you- then, I will answer any questions you have."

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 am

"You can't say that," he was quick to retort, putting out and setting down his own lantern at the table, sitting down and rolling the key in question before him. "But... yeah, sure." He sighed, eyes scanning the key inquisitively.

While he sat down and started to inspect the key, he leaned forward, elbows pressed against the wood while his feet spread out somewhat. His eyes squinted and, eventually, one hand withdrew from the object simply to scratch at a scruffy, dark beard growing along his jawline.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:31 am

The strange woman regarded him with luminous, owl-like eyes, from where she sat opposite of him. She watched him as he turned the key over, mentally taking notes on how long it took him to find the inscription, and how much longer it would take him to decipher it. Idly, she kicked her toes up and down, her heels digging lightly into the soft carpet.

Although she didn't say anything (she wouldn't want to interrupt his concentration, would she?), it was clear that she had a plan. There was a sort of self-assurance in the way that she held herself- relaxed, and yet ready for anything.

In the dim, dirty, and flickering light of the lantern, a single line was illuminated across the body of the key:

"I sleep in the mirror that lies beneath the blooming bough".

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:01 am

Taking only seconds to locate the message, he lowered the key so that he might read it better in the light. He echoed the words, "I sleep in the mirror that lies beneath the blooming bough..." Immediately afterwards he flips the key, searching for anything else of note.

"I still don't know what this is about, and this message really didn't help at all. I'm not in the mood to solve riddles. Please, just tell me what I'm doing here." The hand once picking at his beard swept back from his crown to the back of his head, pulling locks of hair with it.

He looked back up at her once he was positive nothing else was on the surface of the key, putting it down so that its message was easy to see in the lantern's light.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:53 am

The woman placed both hands against the smooth surface of the table, a grin flashing briefly across her features; twinkling in the dim light. She collects the key, propping up her elbow against the table and holding the object in the air by it's ring. "This," she states bemusedly, a lilt creeping into her voice, "Is a piece of a puzzle only you can help solve."

By the tone of her voice, the stranger was far from finished, and so she continued- eyes focused on the key as though it were the very key to the gates of paradise. "Legend has it that there were once a group of great men, who, after years of rigorous study and exploration.. discovered a most interesting treasure."

She kept the key held aloft, the corners of her lips turning down, and her eyes glittering with some strange emotion. "Many people have gone in search of it, but.. few of them ever returned. They've said that those who did were either smart enough to get out early, or unlucky enough to be cursed with the memories of the consequence of failure." She falls silent for what could seem like an age, but was actually no more than the work of a moment.

"Anyways,"

The woman lowers the key, placing it back on to the table with a clatter that pierces the otherwise silent chamber.

"The last man to go hunting through the forests in search of this.. fortune. Came back with this." She slowly pulls her fingers from the key, and tugs her hand back to rest on the edge of the table.

"Through some, perhaps.. unconventional methods, it has found it's way into my hands. They key to the treasure, with the only clue as to where to find it. And you, my new best friend, have the map we need."

She leans back, seeming as comfortable as though she were in her own home- and, for all he knew, she very well may have been. "I'm offering you a share of the profits. And," that grin appeared again, crawling across her face with all the saintly grace of an imp.

"A chance at the adventure of a lifetime. So. Are you in, or do I gotta beg?"
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:56 pm

"Well I can't just say yes to you, there is a whole other group I'm supposed to be going with that are preparing as we speak. You'd have to talk to them. Although I'm sure by now I'd be dead if you wanted me gone, I find the story of a cloaked stranger more than a little difficult to fully believe."

Enthlyi watched as she handled the key, leaning back and folding his arms. His eyes drew steadily away from it as he responded, however, mentally tracing the marks in the table they sat at.

It was true that he had many maps, including the one she spoke of, but unlike the others, he held the one in question on his person. In truth he had expected some sort of ambush, and he still had it in his mind that, perhaps, when he returned from his little trip his dog or horse might not be there.

Fingers resting on the alternate forearm clenched, tugging back small folds of cloth as he averted his attentions as quickly as he could.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:04 pm

The woman leaned forward abruptly, the wooden frame of the chair smacking against the rounded curve of the table. Two hands came together in front of her, elbows resting close to the center of the small table, fingers loosely entwined; she regarded Enthlyi. In spite of the jovial nature of her tone, he was partially correct- the edge to her offer brooked no argument, and it seemed the door was still locked. Fortunately for the human (or unfortunate, depending on where you sat, the cloaked figure was pragmatic, if nothing else.

She lifted a hand in a quick, dismissive gesture, returning to her original position quickly. "I will accompany you, then." Her words are spoken flippantly. "The others do not need to know of the treasure... think of it as a.. pit stop. Besides.. the gate can only be opened, come nightfall. A smaller group would draw less..
attention."

The woman sits up, moving as she usually does- quick, confident gestures, her eyes focused on Enthlyi's face as she spoke to him. The proposal was an odd one- highly suspect, certainly. Of all things, it was probably not a good thing to walk into this, without even knowing who he was dealing with.

Although there was always something to be said for a well-placed lie.
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Enthlyi stared back at her before lifting his chin and brushing one shoulder. The absent, idle gesture was actually an excuse for him to think; and something inside of him dared him to do many things outside of what common sense would. Resisting the urge to look back at the door, he made his decision in silence.

A momentarily silence was shattered by the groan of wood sliding against the ground at a rapid pace. The source of the sound was simple; the human had risen from his seat quickly, reaching back at the last possible second to correct it as he turned to walk away.

He had committed to a daring act, completed only by his words. His hands rested at his sides, and he walked toward the door, eyed it, and said with feigned certainty, "No. I'm not making deals with you."
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 pm

The woman feigned a look of surprise, a single hand lifting to cover those red-stained lips in a gesture of shock and hurt. She didn't rise to stop him, instead leaning forward; strands of dark hair falling into her eyes as she watches him move about the room. Her intent was unclear, although that smile remained in her eyes- twinkling in the depths of her strange eyes.

It looked almost as though she were waiting for something; stillness of the dead, mirth of a jester. In those moments he stood, she remained- very likely- quiet, her posture as relaxed as ever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-----------------------
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reflections of the Past :: General Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: