Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hall of mirrored glass, where each pane shows a possibility - each a reflection of a different place and a different time. Enter freely, but tread softly - not all reflections are places of peace.

HomeMountainbrook I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am
Latest topics
» Image Wars: The Doom of Attention
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

» The Not-Marvel Marvelous Menagerie
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

» The basics of where we are today
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

» Meow meow.
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

» The Resurrection...
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

» The Corrupted Wish Game
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

» Endless Story
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

» HERRRRRRRRRP
Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Shoutbox

Mountainbrook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper-of-the-Glass
Admin
Admin
Keeper-of-the-Glass

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:51 am

BANG. BANG. BANG.

Shots rang out, the explosive noises reverberating across the shooting range, where a lone shooter stood in a low Weaver Stance, a heavy caliber pistol the source of the heavy discharges - at the other end of the range, at the 50 foot line, a small cluster of holes - 3 inch spread - perforated the human silhouette's center of mass.

The shooter himself was rather unremarkable. If you passed him on the street, it's possible you'd mistake him for a school teacher or some kind of businessman. He had short auburn hair, kept cut close to his skull, and his temples were beginning to go gray at the tips. A slight pattering of stubble lined his square jaw, and though he had the beginnings of laugh-lines around his mouth and at the corners of his eyes, his brows had permanent lines in them, long furrows that scrunched up a mobile phone on the small, waist-high table at his side vibrated into a box of .45 caliber rounds.

He picked it up, viewing the message that flashed across his screen, and the only sign that he'd even read what it said was the slight quirk of his brow.

He scanned the message again, flint-gray eyes scrawling the words slowly, then nodded once, before sending a quick message to four other people.

The message simply said, "Meet at Den. -T."

With that, he efficiently boxed up his weapon and ammunition, pocketed his mobile, and went and placed the pistol case in a lockable cabinet, walked up the stairs at the far end of the range, and turned off the light as he exited the room, whistling to himself.

"Honey!" he called up the hall as he walked into a spacious lounge/meeting room. "Usual group coming over for a few, put a couple of extra steaks on the grill!"

He was still whistling as he opened the laptop on the large, circular black table, turned on multiple proxy servers, and logged into a government owned and operated website that didn't officially exist.
Back to top Go down
The Unknown
Admin
Admin
The Unknown

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 4:09 am

A soft purr of a car's engine could be heard coming from the driveway. After a few brief moments the front door opened with a sound of jingling keys. The jingle got louder as it headed towards the lounge. As it entered the room it suddenly stopped. A cheerful voice taking it's place = "Hey ya old bastard. Long time no see."

Setting a box down on the table, the tall slender built man sat down next to his friend. Reaching up he scratched his buzzed head before fixing the placement of his frame-less glasses. If one were to guess he would as if a doctor of sorts. And if one were to ask he most likely say he were. "I brought you a case of beer from my vacation in Europe. Oh and how could I forget..= Reaching into his sports jacket he pulled out a Hecklar & Koch .45 and placed it on top of the beer before easing back on the couch and crossing his legs- "Our friends from Germany send their thanks.

So where's Danielle? I didn't see her on the way in."

Last edited by The Unknown on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
adiosToreador
Admin
Admin
adiosToreador

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:54 pm

"She's probably out back doing her thing," Lisa mumbled. She had arrived earlier in the evening and seemed far more interested in her tablet than the ongoings of her buddies. She crossed her legs and let her booted foot dangle, bouncing up and down and kicking the end-table with the steel toe of the surplus leather.

"I managed to get the internet on this thing. Most sites are locked by our loving government but we have still have some news portals... Seems like 4chan is still alive, too. You should see /k/. Its hilarious as of late."

She chuckled and let her tongue slide across her upper, black painted lip as she turned the tablet 'round for everyone else to see. It was a giant splatter of gore on the photograph, and a smiling couple armed to the teeth posing in front of the cherry-pie looking background. A familiar notecard with the current date inscribed on it was held in their hands.

"Good to know some of our old anon friends are still around, yah? I wonder what they obliterated."
Back to top Go down
http://squid-ink-sorcery.tumblr.com
The Unknown
Admin
Admin
The Unknown

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 am

"Ah yes I suppose that she would be."

Looking over at the tablet a small smirk formed on his face. Reaching up again he took off his glasses and flipped them around for Lisa to see. In the lenses were small readouts and web pages.

"Yeah I was looking at the site on my way over. And I could swear that one of us had something to do with that."
Back to top Go down
adiosToreador
Admin
Admin
adiosToreador

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:51 am

She chuckled, turning her tablet back to her on her lap, her fingers tapping away at the screen. "Nothing but UTE stuff being run everywhere. Warning notes and reminders of protocol. Its all a jumble of information."

She glanced around for a moment, her free hand adjusting her dark blue hat propped upon her head of shaggy blonde hair. "Shame you don't have some sort of comm center here. I could maybe infiltrate one of their sites... see those hidden files that only the admins can see."
Back to top Go down
Keeper-of-the-Glass
Admin
Admin
Keeper-of-the-Glass

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:05 am

Mark had gratefully accepted the beer, and hastily accepted the pistol, quickly sighting it at the support beam of the vaulted ceiling as he let the comfortable weight settle into the palm of his left hand.
"Ah, our friends in Germany are ever-so-generous." He hefted it once, nodded to himself, and placed it on a small stack of obscure magazines on the table next to his laptop, whistling off-key as he tapped away at the keyboard.
"Almost sounds like you were criticizing our completely faultless, legally elected governing body there, Lisa - and as for accessing UTE's private files, as much as I'd love to see what those crooks have got their fingers in, we've got bigger problems to worry about. I'll go over the details when the other two get here, after dinner."

He paused for a moment, quickly rereading his screen, eyes widening slightly, then gave a long, slow whistle. "Well, I haven't received the mission brief yet, but full HESA suits have been approved for this mission. Hot damn. Last time we got to wear those was in that shithole of a former Soviet Republic outside of the Ukraine." He paused, eyebrow quirked. "Wonder where we'll be going."
Back to top Go down
adiosToreador
Admin
Admin
adiosToreador

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:09 am

She smirked, setting her tablet down onto the end table. She leaned forward, stomping her heels into the hardwood floor below and leaning into her elbows placed tightly on top of her thighs.

"HESA suits, eh? Well, I suppose it'll be somewhere hideous and smelly and dark and gushy! I wonder if we're going into a swamp this time? I'm tired of the cold. I want some humidity and heat!"

She eyed her squad leader and winked slyly. "You know what I mean? Heat?"

She laughed, "Not like Danielle will know, right?"
Back to top Go down
The Unknown
Admin
Admin
The Unknown

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 am

"Hey they better give us something after that shitty ball they had me go through. So they gave me a whole box of assorted candy. Figured that I'd share with ya."

Easing back in the couch Sebastian replaced his glasses and crossed his arms over his head. Hearing Mark he slowly glanced over and listened.

"Shit hole? I thought that place was rather fun. For me at least. I didn't have to worry about walking in shit the whole time. Just had to smell it. Relatively speaking of course."

Gazing over at Lisa he cleared his throat and motioned with his fingers how many feet away Danielle was from them.

"Now now. Lets not wish for things we would only complain about later"
Back to top Go down
adiosToreador
Admin
Admin
adiosToreador

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:54 am

She shrugged and leaned back into the armchair, her hands clasping over the edge. "Yeah, yeah. Well, whatever it is, they asked me to bring all my tech-gear. We may be going out for a while this time."

Her tablet made a pinging noise, and she casually checked it by leaning over so her eyes could glance at the screen. She shook her head and sighed.
Back to top Go down
Keeper-of-the-Glass
Admin
Admin
Keeper-of-the-Glass

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 am

Mark ignores Lisa's blatant advances - he'd gotten used to them rather quickly - and continued to quickly scan the allotted gear-list, another long, slow whistle making its way past his pursed lips.
"Je-sus Kee-RIST," Thornson overly enunciates, eyes widened a fraction of an inch. "No SCARs or Mark 14's for us, folks." He clears his throats and continues in a slow voice, "'Use of the latest 'CLASSIFIED-EXPERIMENTAL' weapons, advanced electronic suites, and fully specialized BatRole gear has been authorized.' Where are they sending us? I have to admit, my curiosity has been piqued."
Back to top Go down
adiosToreador
Admin
Admin
adiosToreador

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:32 am

"I hope its Japan. I've always wanted to go there. Maybe there are gangs or such in that area that got hit by the tsunami years ago. You know, they're still cleaning up that nuclear waste from that plant. Maybe someone is trying to harness the waste for some sort of weapon?"

She clicked her tongue behind her teeth, her foot bouncing up and down again as she crossed her legs. Her fatigues made light cricket noises as she moved, the polyester scratching against other plastic threads.

"Ooh! Or maybe we're going to Russia! You know those Russians! Fuck Ukraine, but Siberia? that would be cool!"
Back to top Go down
The Unknown
Admin
Admin
The Unknown

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 am

"It's about time I get a new toy. I've been a good boy. Haven't shot anyone for fun in sometime. Eh Russia is too cold, and boring. There is a reason they drink so much."

Sitting up he placed his elbow on his knee and palm on his chin. Looking over at Mark, Sebastian clicked one of the hidden buttons on his glasses. A small feed starting to show up on it.

"Well wherever we are going it can't be all that good for whoever is there. Figures something good would happen, and those two would be late."
Back to top Go down
Keeper-of-the-Glass
Admin
Admin
Keeper-of-the-Glass

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:56 am

"Japan sounds like a nice change of pace, but fuck Russia - with Sebastian on that one. With full HESA, it probably isn't in Africa...so, with HESA, Middle-East, maybe? Shit, it might even be fucking domestic, but I can't open the mission-brief until after the other two get here." He sighed, and with ease borne of long years of practice, he opened one of the beers that the other man had brought him, and took a quick pull from the bitter-sweet, amber liquid, an easy smile drifting across his face.
"Domestic would be a nice change of pace, I think."
Back to top Go down
adiosToreador
Admin
Admin
adiosToreador

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:47 am

"Domestic? PAH! Where is your sense of adventure?" She lightly nudges Mark with her fist. She whipped off her hat and set it down on the tablet's blinking cover.

"Plus, if it was a domestic issue, I'm sure one of my resources would have found out about it and leaked it to the masses by now. UTE and the feds are good at blocking that sort of thing but there's always a way to wiggle around it, ya know?"

She stood up swiftly and began heading to the kitchen. "I'm going to get a soda... maybe some chips... piece of cake, you know." She disappeared into the adjacent room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mountainbrook Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mountainbrook   Mountainbrook I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mountainbrook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reflections of the Present :: Zombie Roleplay-
Jump to: