Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hall of mirrored glass, where each pane shows a possibility - each a reflection of a different place and a different time. Enter freely, but tread softly - not all reflections are places of peace.

HomeThe basics of where we are today I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am
Latest topics
» Image Wars: The Doom of Attention
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

» The Not-Marvel Marvelous Menagerie
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

» The basics of where we are today
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

» Meow meow.
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

» The Resurrection...
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

» The Corrupted Wish Game
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

» Endless Story
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

» HERRRRRRRRRP
The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Shoutbox

The basics of where we are today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vorandril
Puppy
Puppy

The basics of where we are today Empty
PostSubject: The basics of where we are today   The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:07 am

Marvel Universe just without a LOT of the existing characters. Species and concepts are staying and we're populating it with our own series of heroes, villains, and angsty angsty superfolk. The nice part? This can be broken up into however many story lines and locations and characters ya want. If you're interested in me elaborating and such, just shoot me a message and I'll try and clarify here if it'll help most folks.
Back to top Go down
Vorandril
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The basics of where we are today   The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 am

So far questions that have been asked:

What are most people's attitude towards supers?
A lot like the X-men movies, people are wary or even outright intimidated by what superpowered individuals are capable of. Concerns over such things as human rights have over the last few decades gone over incredibly smoothly (even LGBT issues were nearly so easily pushed through that it seemed more of a nod to protocol than anything else). But instead of LGBT or "war on terror" issues being the mainstream concerns, the world is fighting for and against xenophobia.
On one hand some believe that Earth should belong to Humanity, condemning the Mutant populations around the world as well as rejecting any refugees or citizenry to other intelligent species. The debates have been long over the last 30 years, and in rare cases bloody.
On the other hand, there are many who adopt a "live and let live" outlook, and also others who believe that Earth should be the home of humanity, but a refuge for any who want to call it home. To date, there have been only a handful of non-human grants of citizenry, and none of them were given to a biological non-human. In short; It's easier (not by much) to be a robot than an alien in this world. The 3 Instances of non-human citizenry so far are Barricade, Titan (Later revoked when he turned to extreme violence), and an Android named Jim who has since become a doctor.

What year is it?

Does this year reflect the way life was at the time?
Technologucally things are nearly the same. The only difference is that computers are nearly twice as capable as we know them now in regards to processing, memory, and storage. Furthermore there is a quickly developing industry (which is still a minority for now) which is developing methods for synthetic fuels that are not only renewable but more effecient than current gasoline and other liquid fuels. That said, financially speaking things are a significantly more stable in the first world.

If it's futuristic, how far? Are there flying cars? Space travel?
No flying cars, public transit teleporters, or replicators. Space travel is far more prevalent though as NASA was scooped up by private industries and there are now 3 orbiting space colonies around earth for scientific research. Interplanetary travel is advertized as "just a step away". Scientists cite that the major limiting factor is the sheer amount of travel time needed between planets.

What are the world governments like?
Generally speaking the worst it seems to be is fierce rivalries. The USA and Britain are still as passive aggressive as ever. I feel cheap saying it this way but... Imagine NOW. Just minus North Korea being a twatnugget and the whole "War on terror" BS never existing past having gotten Bin Laden. And even having captured Bin Laden would have happened much sooner with the existence of super powered folks also hunting him down. Safe to say that the isse was dealt with, and Al quida itself dismantled (for all intents and purposes) within a couple years, and it was this point that lead to the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D.

How did confronting Al Quesadilla lead to the formation of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
After all the big boys in governmental leadership realized that they have too much stuff to sort out just between the different regions of the planet Earth, they opted to create an international police force and government that would have a very focused goal; Ensuring the safety of all residents of Earth. There were of course a few who still are adamantly uncooperative with S.H.I.E.L.D. under the pretense of not wishing to give one authority too much power. An issue which is officially addressed by governments around the world making sure their authority is not overstepped. To date S.H.I.E.L.D. has not had to force any major police actions against an established government.

Is there a goal to the game, aside from just RPing?
Just RP'ing and telling interesting stories about interesting characters. Really just have a field day. There might come a point where I pull an "Avengers" bit and throw some big bad bastard at folks and a bunch of ya have to team up?
Back to top Go down
Vorandril
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The basics of where we are today   The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:11 am

How is this game going to be played out?

True to the essence of the source material, not every plot is about a group dynamic. Despite the fact that all of this is based off of a Marvel tabletop game, this series will NOT be basing itself in the idea of super hero groups. Think of it this way; comics tend to be about the title character and THEIR story. Sometimes they happen to be in a group, but that's only usually when the fecal matter collides with the oscillating air rotary device. Hulk is an Avenger. But most of the time he's off doing Hulky things in his own series. Now we're just gonna do that with RP's.

If you want yours done as a "play by post" where you send a message via forum or instant messenger, so that I can reply to it back and forth? We can do that. Do you want to play it more like a tabletop game over Skype/Raidcall/Mumble? We can do that too. Whatever your preferred method of playing happens to be is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Vorandril
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The basics of where we are today   The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

Is this more in line with the movies or the comic books?

Most decidedly the movies. While comic book continuity isn't so dense that it's impenetrable, I'm trying to have as little of it as possible so we can have as much creative license ourselves as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The basics of where we are today   The basics of where we are today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The basics of where we are today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reflections of the Present :: General Contemporary Roleplay-
Jump to: