Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hall of mirrored glass, where each pane shows a possibility - each a reflection of a different place and a different time. Enter freely, but tread softly - not all reflections are places of peace.

HomeThe Resurrection... I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am
Latest topics
» Image Wars: The Doom of Attention
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

» The Not-Marvel Marvelous Menagerie
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

» The basics of where we are today
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

» Meow meow.
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

» The Resurrection...
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

» The Corrupted Wish Game
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

» Endless Story
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

» HERRRRRRRRRP
The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Shoutbox

The Resurrection...

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

The Resurrection... Empty
PostSubject: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:18 pm

Though Eversong was a place which both never slept nor suffered the harsh weather other areas were subjected to in the colder seasons, today was a day where the wind was powerful near Lake Elrendar. The runestones could not keep everything away; especially since the gap which was created in the Scorched Grove during the scourge invasion.

Kalenjer understood how the runestones worked and how difficult it would be to get one replaced; so it was no wonder that this was a place he frequently stayed to study his ancestors' work. However, today he was not arriving with his usual supplies and notes. Today was different, and part of something he felt was far beyond the humble scholar.

Which was, partially, why he was so drawn to it.

The spellcaster was far from wealthy despite his skill in the arcane arts. This was mostly because he was a teacher, and not a fighter. If you didn't train the best heroes or become the best you were pretty much out of the record books; but that was fine with him. The point was that he was here because he was about to recieve a sum of money he could use to continue his way of life without eating conjured foods daily. It was just as unhealthy as people could imagine it was.

There was little left to do before he recieved his pay; but the tasks that this mysterious Willhelm bought him for were more than a little curious. It wasn't as though the man couldn't tell, either. For as long as he was helping he was constantly inquiring about the tasks at hand; the ressurection of two unimportant soldiers whom he never knew, and the process of saving their bodies- and restoring them!

The scholar had never seen it done before. Truly this mystery man was both a genius and ambitious. It terrified and made him curious at the same time.

So here he was, at a doorway of a structure tucked within one of Eversong's unimposing mountainsides. He was instructed to knock a total of five times, and though the reasoning escaped him, he was not going to protest against it.

His knuckles tapped against the wood five times, as instructed, and after a moment of silence the door swung open. Kalenjer was greeted by Willhelm, a Sin'dorei of slim frame, fair hair, and youthful features; spare his eyes. His eyes held something the scholar couldn't quite place a finger on. It could have been wisdom or unreadable intent.

"Kalenjer," the man remarked, a hand sweeping behind him to welcome the mentioned spellcaster inside.

"Sir Dawnstar." The scholar greeted, offering a soft smile which never could quite reach his eyes.

"It is time to undo the frost wards. I trust you have all the reagents I requested of you?"

"Yes, sir- well, not entirely. I had to replace the rod with one in my personal stock; but I assure you, it will work just as well, if not better." Kalenjer nodded, "So we have all that we need. I made certain that the right rod was picked out; it has the runes needed for the procedure."

"Splendid," Willhelm grinned, "You are a smart elf; people do not give you enough credit, Kalenjer! But I digress; we cannot hesitate for too long. The shard is ready, as well."

Will was referring to a shard of a soulstone. Where exactly the priestly man got a hold of a warlock's tool also escaped Kalenjer, but within was said to be the soul of the eldest of two brothers; Thioris Cindersoul.

The scholar wanted to read into the two in question, and he found little information on Thioris; only that at some point in his childhood that he was a thief, and in adulthood sought to redeem himself by entering a military organization called The Sunguard. He later died during a mission in Maraudon.

What baffled Kalenjer was that there were so few records, and nothing that could suggest anything about his personality spare good intentions through redemption. His younger brother had far more records, and a much more detailed part in the family's tragic history.

However, the perspective the scholar had on this matter was too poor for him to assume much on Enthlyi, either.

"Of course, sir. Lead me to the chamber, please; I'm still not familiar with this places' hallways."

The halls were winding and narrow, lit only by the occasional torch resting on a wall. Will dipped magical light from one hand into another, forming a bright orb which would guide them through the darker sections of the corridors.

Kalenjer watched in both fascination and understanding of the process. It would have been a shame if he didn't know at least most of the process of resurrection, but this was something different. This man was doing something more than a little diverse; and despite the genius behind it the scholar could not help but suspect that something else was at play.

Will was not doing this for study, or out of the kindness of his heart. There was far too much invested into this for that to be the case.

"The wards, mister Crandall. Be ready." the young man reminded him.

In only footsteps and seconds the duo stood in front of a door, and on either side there were two bright blue crystals, the color of ice, but glowing with frost magic. With a deep breath Kalenjer tapped both of them, and the glow transferred from the ice to his fingertips before fading away. The stones melted.

Without a thought or second of doubt they entered the room, greeted by the cold and a barely visible stone table. Atop the table were several tools, and in front of it there was a basket of gore bitten by frost and caked in dried blood.

Those were specimens of scourged organs. Willhelm claimed that, in order to bring the rogue back, those had to be removed, or the Light would not touch his body in the way intended; which was also why the frost magic was necessary. The pure organs could not be allowed to freeze, and the tainted specimens could be used for study.

Kalenjer produced several candles, lighting them with conjured sparks and laying them all around the room. He waved his hand near his chest to dismiss the magic before producing a single rod; handing it to Willhelm and nodding once more. The priest pulled a stool and a wooden table to his side, where the rest of the reagents in the bag were placed. Dust that an Enchanter might use as well as incense which was lit by Will himself.

"Why did we get the incense, anyway? I thought shamanistic magic didn't work in accord with the Light."

"Oh, this in particular does nothing more but amplify spells in general. I could have asked you to amplify it, but this is much safer; we'll both be exhausted by the end of this."

"...Very well."

As a final touch of caution Kalenjer placed runes on both wood and paper around the room. This was not part of the ritual, but the other man did not ask about it. Somehow, he knew; which was somewhat unnerving.

"The Light will cleanse the body; I have made certain that the blood which will course through this elf's veins is also pure. We cannot take any chances; but I will need you to offer me your aid in the process. You will need to feed me energy when my own is all but faded. The Light will do the rest."

"Why the need for my energy? Many people can resurrect on their own."

"The state of the body requires additional healing, and revival is a draining process in the first place."

The scholar hesitated. "...I understand."

Will simply nodded, lifting his arms into the air, and beginning an entrancing chant- a brilliant golden light bathing him and then moving to the body...

The spellcaster could not believe it, perhaps because he could barely see it, but the body was pulling itself back together. As the light began to flicker he extended his hand, shutting his eyes and tapping into his own resources and will to help.

Then the light washed over everything- and there was an unfamiliar scream...

"...not all too different but you mentioned him being dead, because of all this. See, I always knew that he'd go in a brilliantly ironic fashion, but I never quite wanted to tell him." Spoke a stranger, just as Kalenjer's conscience began to return to him.

"Yet you probably did not see this coming, in particular." The second voice was definitely Will.

"No. Well, not like this. Now it just sounds like some sort of tragedy. You know, those odd things that nobles go to- plays, that's it! Tragedy plays. I expected something either a bit more heroic or funnier. I bet he had trouble rearranging my bombs after I went." The scholar's eyes fluttered open, and immediately caught sight of two figures standing in the room in which the resurrection took place.

The first figure was, of course, Willhelm, standing there with his wise grin, his fingers intertwined at his lap even as he stood up. Then there was another; a taller man in mottled gray leathers with long, bleached hair and a smirk. That must have been Thioris; which means the procedure worked...!

Concealing his excitement and steeling himself for what came next, the elf sat up from the stone ground. That's a bit rude, they didn't even move me. Perhaps it hadn't been too much time, though?

Thioris glanced Kalenjer's way, that smirk growing. "Your friend's up. So he really wasn't dead; that's good, because if you don't bring back the little one I'm going to kill you both before I head off to undo this dark Karazhan fellow."

Despite what the scholar read of Thioris, he was a man of unspoken eloquence; something beyond his words, even. Actually, the reason why Kalenjer thought of the term 'eloquent' was a mystery; perhaps this man was simply putting on a good act. He stood straight and tall, with a confident twinkle in his emerald eyes and a comfortable feel even without having weapons around two strangers.

"So you'll do it? You'll help us?" Asked the priest.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Nobody screws with my family and gets away with it." Even that sentence was spoken in such calm, how did he do that? "Now, ah, it's time for you to get ready to bring back Enth. I can't help your little ritual but he's not going to get away with dying like this."
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:52 am

The stream flowed eternally; truly, there were no oceans or lakes in which it could spill itself. Just as well, there was not a source he could possibly reach; or could he? Perhaps it was all simply because there was no source at all. The rushing waters were simply a visible metaphor; something ever moving and undisturbed, even as he dipped his toes or tried to push rocks into the way.

Occasionally, little fish would come rushing in groups down the path; he'd make a grab for them, but never catch any. Though their rainbow scales and notable size made them easy targets, they were too swift and slippery for his bare hands.

Around this stream there was a void; not a place of darkness, or light, really, but soft color ever changing and adding several different moods to his endless water, which ran parallel to a cobblestone road. He could tell it was empty because he tried to throw stones, but they never stopped falling once they began to.

There was peace, and a lack of thought, spare the occasional pondering of the river and the road, and what purpose they served. There was no love or hate, but a contented, warm feeling. All was well when it was simple.

However, there came a disturbance to his waters soon after he arrived. Among the rainbow fish there was another, gray fish which was slow and easy to grab. And so he took it and hefted it out of the water, where it flopped fruitlessly and eventually died in his hands. He stared with wonder, noting it's bleak frills and empty green eyes.

As he dipped his hands back into the water, with the intent of letting it go and slide down the endless stream, the liquid around him became violent, taking a vicious red tone. Beings of the corrupt fluids climbed from it and screamed at him, making forms of men or beasts, demons or angels; rushing from either sides of the road toward him. They struck out in wrath, but his form was untouched.

Instead, the water seeped into his eyes, blinded him, and as he screamed he began to feel pain- true pain- once more. Something was sealing itself shut...

"...We have the power to do this after our last procedure?"

"Certainly, the only things we need are the remaining candles; I'll coax the soul here, and you need only give a fraction of the support you did before."

"And I'll just stand here and make sure our delicate flower doesn't wilt again."

Kalenjer grew tense, "Sir, I assure you I am not going to lose conscience or expire...!"

Thio only smiled in that cocky-yet-suave way he did, not offering a response and just knowing the silence would let the condescending remark sink deeper than any words. The mage couldn't see him, for he was facing the table where the rogue once lay.

In his place there was the body of his younger brother, Enthlyi. All of his wounds were minor burns and nicks, spare two cuts on his torso; one diagnolly across his stomach, while another- the killing blow- was a large cavity in his chest. the lightwielder who slew him possessed a surprising amount of expertise; the kill would have been clean if the sword were not so broad.

Thioris did not show any signs of pain seeing his brother's body. Either he knew for a fact that the revival would work, or he didn't actually care; either way, it kept the scholar unnerved and constantly wondering whether or not the rogue would simply stab them in the backs anyway. He certainly seemed capable of it.

A tad quicker than Kalenjer gave Will credit for, that light returned, starting at his fingertips and growing to engulf his hands, his arms, soon most of his body while it stretched out to take hold of Enth's. The leather clad elf shielded his eyes with a gloved hand, grimacing at the use of magic, but not stopping it.

With little consideration, Kal tapped into his own stores to aid the priest; and found that, despite the large amounts of light, this resurrection was both a lot easier and barely draining at all. However, he did notice a bead of sweat descend from Will's brow. Perhaps he was simply trying this time.

This time, there was no scream; in it's place, a broken sound, like a dry sob; a sound of sadness cut off by surprise and confusion while the wounds sealed and the burns became nothing more than red marks.

The scholar blinked as the light that engulfed the duo faded, and he felt his own balance failing him. Surely enough, there Thio was to place a steady hand on his shoulder. "Pfft. You are such a liar...!"

A groan escaped someone, but it wasn't Kalenjer. On the table life stirred, and as Will stepped back the hunter opened his eyes. He took a moment to look around, dumbfounded and unaware of the new situation; but it didn't take him long to find out. He sat up hastily and inspected his hands, looking then from side to side before realizing his own weakness and falling back with anything but grace.

As his arms collided with the sides of the table, the scholar could feel support escaping him, though he was, by then, able to hold his ground. The rogue was there in a flash, guiding the hunter's weak body down and holding a hand below his head due to an obvious lack of a pillow.

"So, doc, why exactly am I fine but my brother looks like he's about to-"

Enthlyi turned over the table, vomiting dangerously close to Willhelm's shoes.

"...Throw up."

"You had your stomach replaced. He had a stomach that held long since rotting food; a stomach that, by now, is likely damaged by the acids it once could contain."

"Way to lay it down on me gently, doc."

"...Am I--" Enth was cut off by Thio, who let an abrupt, unexpected, "No."

Hours had passed; both Will and Kalen agreeing to leave the chambers once Enthlyi was stabilized and well enough to speak. There was not to be eating for either of them for a while, but it wasn't so long that their lives were in danger. Thioris borrowed a stool; one which he stood, sat, and crouched on while he waited for the others to finish.

Now, he was sitting, an elbow on a knee which propped a hand holding up the rogue's weary head. He stared at his brother for a long time, sighing and determining whether or not the brother required a lecture or a beating. For now, he'd have to settle for a lecture, but once the hunter was on his feet...

Time to be dramatic.

"I'm going to be poetic," he began, "Because after I left your lives became an awful lot like a sad poem."

At that edge alone the ranger winced, but he did not respond; unlike with others, Enth did not lash back at his brother, physically or verbally.

"Alright. You're listening, right? Your ears are still working well?"

"Yeah..."

"Good. You'll have to listen very closely, because I'm not the kind to speak like this unless I'm surrounded by pretty women. You're not a pretty woman, are you?

The foundations of our lives were truth and logic. We take what we need and we don't listen to bullshit excuses or pleading. We focus on surviving; not to throw away the gift that we both have. We take nothing for granted, and- pay attention now- no matter what we follow, who we trust, or however we do things, we remember to watch out for each other."

Thioris leaned back, lowering his hands to rest on a leg just then folded over the other. "I'm sure by now you've figured out what you did when you threw your life away. You remember the days we could rely on nobody else." Expressing unusual anger, the rogue quietly slammed a fist into the stone table; extremely close to Enth's arm. The stone cracked.

"When you did that you spat in the face of all that we stood for. You ran from yourself without thinking of your wife, your friends, and your family. Be careful what you wish for, brother, because when you begged quietly for my return you certainly weren't thinking of what I'd do to you once I found out you became a selfish, rotten guttershite."

Each word Thioris spoke remained a low growl; he never needed to lift his voice around the ranger, for he knew all of them would sink like the jaw of a wolf into the frail form of a rabbit.

If, somehow, the rabbit being crushed didn't manage to kill it.

Enth couldn't hold the rogue's gaze, turning his head away and lifting his arms as to deter a physical blow. His chest heaved once, but he bit his lower lip and contained an irrational sadness borne from the words the elder brother spoke. Disappointment came to him in a flood.

The arms lowered as the words died into echoes, and the ranger squeezed his eyes shut; refusing to look at Thioris. He was not worthy of the honor.

The rogue smirked; an expression never reaching his eyes. The younger brother could not have been entirely convinced by a single lecture; he must have seen what his own inconsideration had wrought. Somehow, Thio was pleased with this.

There was the slightest shame in speaking to Enth while he was in such a pitiful position, however. As a silent means of compensation the rogue produced a familiar image; an old, dark hat. He put it on the hunter's head and, while the kid scrambled to get it, his smirk broadened. "Just take care of yourself. Or I'll kill you."

Enthlyi nodded quickly, the slightest amusement sparking in his usually dark eyes.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Hinges creaked softly like the mewling of tiny creatures, as the door was pushed open the rest of the way. The flickering light of the room beyond the door cast a sliver down the stone floors, and bore a shadow in it's wake as a familiar figure let itself known.

The elvish woman stood tall, clad in well-worn chain and leather, in lieu of the steadily rising heat, now that winter had finally come to an end. The warrior rolled in and turned to lean against one of the sturdy walls, one elbow propped against the wall, it's hand wrapped loosely about a full wineskin.

"So ye've both 'waked a' last." pale eyes lifted and twinkled merrily as she lifted the skin as though in a toast at some manner of festival, rather than an unorthodox resurrection. Adorned with a wry tone, and a wicked grin, she nodded to the brothers. "An' 'ere I was thinkin' we'd hafta douse tha' lad in a bucket o' cold water."

She reached for something at her hip, "Catch." and tossed it over towards Thio- a silver, sheep-skin wrapped flask, some manner of liquid sloshing inside. "A gift. Wel'cm back ta' tha' world o' tha livin', my friends."
Back to top Go down
http://jellyfishslayer.deviantart.com
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:37 pm

A smile, genuine and pure spread across the rogues face as he snatched the skinned flask out of the air and eyed the warrior once over. A feeling on great joy filled him, which was a very rare thing for a man such as himself, as he set his sights on a figure he'd not seen for quiet some time.

"Melerna! Done hiding from me are you? And with impeccable timing too!", He joked as he uncapped the top of the flask and inhaled a hefty amount of alcohol," Bearing a gift of ale as well! A wonderful way to ease my mind off certain topics, for the time being." He quickly glanced to Enth before returning his gaze to Mel once more.

It was an odd moment when you saw Thioris ecstatic. Even more so when the cause was, though many would disagree and say it was the alcohol, the elf before him. "I must be a lucky guy, to have to a woman like you to guide me back into the living world."
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Warrior regarded rogue with an unfettered and wicked grin, thumb flicking the steel cap of her flask open as she spoke. "T'is cer'ainly a cause worthy o' celebratin'," she punctuated the statement with a short gesture, before bringing the mouth of the skin to her lips and taking a swig of it's contents. Mel lowered the flask, eyes twinkling merrily as they reside upon her old friends familiar features, the look saying more than her words were likely to.

The subtle comment from the fair-haired man was not quite lost on Melerna, however, and was met with a low chuckle. She made no move to disguise her relief at seeing the two alive- eyes creasing at the corners in little crows feet. She waved a hand, almost dismissively, the motion carrying little weight.

"Yer welcome." Her tone was gruff, but hardly lacking in warmth and amusement. She shot him a glance, laughter still filling her gaze, "Next round, tho', yer buyin'! Tryin' ta' get tha' through customs wa' Hell." The mercenary took another drink from her flask. "..'Nuff jabber. Tha' boys'll be wantin' ya in tha' room o'er.. sent me in ta' fetch ya. Tha' lad able ta' walk, yet?"
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:49 pm

To her response Enth turned from the two, shaking his head and staring down at the edges between the wall and floor. At the time, the ranger was, admittedly, confident in his ability to stand; but he didn't know if he could walk, and he simply didn't want to.

His mind was far elsewhere. "Where is Joucasta?"
Back to top Go down
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 pm

Thio's smile dropped instantly at the mention of that name and, while he wished to be a tad softer around the subject, "That doesn't matter right now...I believe the two men whom just brought us to life once again, Well....this is a first for you, are top on that list of priorities that you don't have." Stated stone faced, "Now get your arse in the other room -before- I get to throwing it in there."

There he stood glaring at his brother, waiting for him to move.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:21 pm

The warrior leaned against the inside of the doorway as they spoke, silently remaining out of the discussion. She kept her silence, not from awkwardness, but more from a quiet understanding of the situation. There wasn't really anything she could say on the subject, regardless. Once they had finished speaking, she inclined her head to the right- towards the hallway.

"We'll be waitin' fer ya in tha' next room o'er. Take yer time.. jus' na' too much o' it." Melerna nodded once, to the both of them, before walking away; the clink of mail echoing behind her.
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:46 pm

With a heavy, perhaps theatrical sigh the ranger slid from his seat on the table, a hand jerking to lean against its stony surface as he became once more familiar with the concept of balance. "...I really don't see why..."

Enth cut himself off, his free hand lifting to scratch at his beard-covered chin. Still leaning against the stone he guided himself toward the door, a large measure of reluctance in every step, making it slower than it needed to be.

There was also a touch of wavering as he left the table-crutch behind.
Back to top Go down
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Watching the ranger with a glare that could kill he followed him closely, watching for signs of greater imbalance. At this point there was not much to say, one could only walk down the narrow hallway to there saviors, so to speak, and find out what they truly wanted.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:38 pm

The figure of the warrior disappeared into the open doorway of the next room. A small, shaggy dog seemed to be sitting on the ground in the hall, just opposite of the door the former paladin entered; watching the opening with bright blue eyes. Conversation could be heard from within, although the subject was uncertain at this interval.

As the brothers approached, the scruffy half-wolf turned his attention to the two of them. The creatures head tilted at an angle, and he let out a curious whine- remaining in place as though he had been ordered to do so- Perhaps he had.

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 pm

As Enth caught sight of the beast a few thoughts came to him. Shuffle's location was still unknown, and he hadn't the faintest clue whether Joucasta was even alive after what he'd seen in his final moments. Or, not so final, now.

The questions never became verbal, especially since they entered the new room. Kalenjer looked to Mel and offered an uneasy smile while Willhelm simply turned to address the brothers. The room was bigger, with a fire sitting against one wall- with it's own chimney, no less- and a table in the back. There were a number of embroidered seats which he beckoned all of them to take.

The scholar was already sitting, shifting slightly away from the brothers without even thinking of his own actions.

Enthlyi took a seat almost thankfully, turning his gaze to the flames as they danced nearby. He wondered how exactly he wasn't smelling smoke at all; suspecting it was the work of magic.

"Greetings, friends." Willhelm stated as the others entered.

"Sit down, now, we have much to discuss."
Back to top Go down
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 am

Despite raising him and his brother from the dead Thio though of the word 'friends' as more of a loose term, but at this point he had little else to run on. "That we do friend, that we do. So what this whole Karazhan business, care to give another run down?" As he stood behind his brother arms crossed.

Last edited by Thioris on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 3:24 am

The dark haired warrior reclined along one of the walls, kicking up a foot against the baseboards as she watched the scene unfold before them with seemingly little care for it. At Kalenjer's glance, Mel nodded and offered him her most encouraging smile, her features brightening for a moment. The flask was clasped at her hip again, and if not for the occasional catch of firelight in her eyes, the fallen paladin would likely have appeared as though she had fallen asleep standing.

Melerna remained silent, however, and likely would continue to be unless she were addressed directly.

Last edited by Quixotic on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Willhelm took a few seconds to simply acknowledge the others before giving the snap of his fingers. "Lady and gentlemen, I present to you a most curious situation." The fire slithered from its place and hovered in the air, coalescing into the fiery image of Axhahn.

"This man- this forsaken- has been corrupting dreams and twisting minds for his own dark rituals. As we speak he is gathering a following which will aid him in his return to the mortal realms. Thus far one may only truly see him in the twisting ruin of Karazhan, and he controls this place with his will alone."

Will smirked, "I have been following his movements for some time now. His rituals first piqued my attention about the time of the cataclysm, when magic ran as rampant as the elements themselves." the picture of fire twisted briefly to a silhouette of Deathwing, hovering over the others and flapping infernal wings- then, it transformed to the much smaller vision of the ruins in question.

"He has been tampering with a magic greater than most could grasp. A dark and corrupting magic in a large enough form to be dangerous. If such a man is capable of conducting the ritual he's planning, all of us are in real danger."

Kalenjer watched with both amazement and fear, pushed into the back of his seat with wide eyes. Enthlyi was more relaxed, but he too observed with larger-than-normal eyes.

The fire twisted in many indecipherable directions before forming into a phoenix hatchling, squawking and fluttering to sit harmlessly on Will's shoulder. "This is why I have called you here, friends."

"Kalenjer," the priest started, "You are a brilliant scholar but you do not belong on the front lines. I have more plans in mind, enchantments and the like which may help the others if they're so inclined to help with this menace's destruction."

"Cindersoul brothers, you have witnessed his manipulation one way or another; you've lived astoundingly anonymous lives, and that is why I offer the task of his obliteration to you."

"Melerna, since you're here, perhaps you could help the brothers?"

"I will be watching and conducting experiments; fishing for weaknesses, as they say. I already have forged an alliance with a girl by the name of Feyrin; she too seeks to destroy this devourer of souls. I can guarantee you all better than average pay, and the satisfaction that this monstrosity won't be harming the lives of anyone else."

With his sudden seriousness Willhelm stood at the center of the room, where the phoenix once was. He peered at the fire as he asked, "Are you with me? Consider your revival part of my payment up front."
Back to top Go down
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:39 am

Thioris stood there taking in the image of this forsaken man, and he contemplated the ways he take this mans life, make him rue the day he interfered with his family, well whats left of it, and for the most part neglected to hear most of what the Priest had just said. The Rogue was lost in thought until the sound of his surname was in the air. "Obliteration...A bit of an understatement...but that might be the traces of anger speaking."

A moment for the anger to subside was all he needed to answer without something clouding his mind, "Oh I'm with you, till my, now third, last breath."
He grinned as he waited for the next step, though suddenly something hit him. "Wait...there's more for payment?" His expression switching from murderously grinning to Honest confusion.

Back to top Go down
Kaylertine
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:40 am

How the clanking of her plate armor did not disturb the conversation or even catch the attention of the group was beyond Kayler. Her boots sent off echoes upon echoes through the snake-like passageways until she stopped short in front of the room they were all gathered in, listening in to the whole ordeal.

Side-stepping in front of the entrance, she caught the eye of Kalenjer, whom she recognized immediately from past travels. "It seems like I was a tad late to the renewal of these infamous brothers." Her glowing blue eyes darting to Willhelm and then to the two brothers. With that said, she invited herself in and closed distance between herself and the priest.

"Sorry, I couldn't make it sooner. I was a little caught up in the village, you'd think they'd be a bit friendlier towards a person of my stature." Kayler was of course talking about her political status with the Quel'Dorei, trying to close the gap between the high elves and the magic abusing blood elves.

Without a delay for a response, she quickly changed the subject, seeing as she had already interrupted this conversation, "At least I'll be looking forward to be of some help on this escapade. Carry on as it was."
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:51 am

The dark haired Sin'dorei unscrewed the cap of her flask, knocking it open with the flick of a thumb, before bringing it to her mouth to take a drink. Pale green eyes watched the newcomer enter the room, with a spark of recognition; nodding in greetings. Turning her attention back to the table, she tugged the drink back from her lips and cocked a brow.

"Wha' sorta pay're we talkin' bout, 'ere?"
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am

Willhelm smirked, pointing first to Thioris. The phoenix lost its form, swirling harmlessly around his forearm and fingers. "Oh, yes, there is! A little more incentive to keep us together. If you find anything that could help us defeat this menace, I will pay you. If you defeat him, you'll receive even more."

The hand lowered, the fiery creature becoming a serpentine one which slithered up his arm and vanished into ashes. Kalenjer could tell, even through acknowledging his friend's arrival, that such magic was merely a display. Perhaps something to ensure the others respected him?

"Oh, nobody minds, child; just make yourself comfortable around the room. I will inform you of anything you weren't here for." After smiling at Kayler toothily, he turned back to Melerna.

"As for amount... I can assure you that certain noble blood has granted me much wealth to spare; if you do this, there will be enough gold to pay for, perhaps, years or decades of food, supplies, and repairs; or, of course, whatever else you wish to do with it." Waving a hand, he turns back to the fire.

"It is up to you all to decide for yourselves. I will not stop you if you decline, for this is a serious threat to all of us."
Back to top Go down
Kaylertine
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Kayler took a few steps to the door, itching to leave and douse the flame of this Axhahn guy's life. There was no way she could back down from such a challenge as to snuff the flickers of life from those who don't deserve it. Kayler was after all a venturesome paladin, devout to the Holy Light and its will, be it ending another living being's life or conserving the lives of the virtuous.

"I'm here, aren't I? There would be no sense in showing up just to decline such a delectable offer as to end this vile man."

She crossed her arms and waited patiently - or what some would think was patiently and others would think was anxiously - for the answers of the other souls in the room.
Back to top Go down
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 pm

His life renewed and more to come, how could he pass up such an offer. He jabs a thumb towards the newest figure in the room. "I'm with her, no reason to show and not go! Besides, who could pass up the offer of relieving a noble of some gold." A sly smirk creeping across his face. He bopped Enthlyi on the back of the head, "What of you brother? Are you sane enough to answer the man?"
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:40 pm

There was a pause, the hunter staring at the man with the proposition with unreadable eyes. The orbs lowered to his hands, both resting in his lap. With a conflicted grunt, he rose to his feet, jabbing a finger at Willhelm, and then sweeping it so that everyone was under it at least for a second; except Thio, of course, who was behind him.

"You are all mad to even consider this!" He started, opening his palm to reveal that it was scarred; gnarled by wicked magic despite his revival. "You don't even understand what this man is capable of! None of you have any clue what you're rushing so eagerly- blindly!- into!"

He growled, looking back to the priest, who regarded him with neutrality. "A creature of shadow, fel, and flame are all he needs now! There is no doubt that he's likely already gotten his hands on these creatures; he has a following, or did you forget? Did you purposefully leave that out?!"

"I am not going against him! Not while I live and breathe! He is a monster more capable than any of you could even imagine! I hope you're not planning to storm Karazhan; that would be the worst possible thing you could think of!"

"Furthermore, I am not supposed to be here AT ALL!"

Fear flickered in the younger brother's eyes, his hand lowering, though he still stood, cold sweat having long since covered him as he recalled all that had happened.
Back to top Go down
Thioris
Admin
Admin
Thioris

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Thioris grunted as he stared down his brother fromm behind, for a moment the silence remained...until he flat out kicked his brother in the back. "You are not the Enthlyi I knew...Your a Coward, a shade of what he once was. I, no, We are not people to run blindly into battle without the confidence and knowledge to know we -will- succeed. But here I stand now watching a small child cower in fear."

Thio, for the first time since his revival, actually raised his voice. "Go run off with you tail between your legs! Abandon all you know and love! Leave behind what you once stood for and let fear consume your mind! Mark my words though, if you run off, and I won't stop you, When this man is dead your head will be the next!" And that was it, there he stood glaring the ranger down, with murderous intent alive in his gaze.
Back to top Go down
Kaylertine
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Kayler watches as the brothers quarrel. She rolls her eyes to the side and figures what could be the harm in adding in her two cents.

"I do not know you, so I cannot give a personal opinion. But under some sort of code of honor, I would assume hunters are not supposed to act like groundhogs, scared of their shadows, but more like a fearless lion, ready to pounce upon their prey. This man has obviously caused you some sort of hurt I cannot possibly begin to imagine. He is your prey Enth.

Do not think this mission is impossible. It perhaps isn't even improbable with the Light on our side. Righteous fellows will always triumph, I assure you."

If this didn't give him some confidence, then as a paladin - no, as a politician - Kayler was sure she could not convince this poor hunter otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Enthlyi was kicked forward; grunting in pain only to find he never hit the ground. His collar was gripped by the hand of none other than Willhelm- who had used tendrils of light to pull him up while he was falling. "Now, that won't be necessary. Thank you, friend." The priest intoned, nodding at Kayler before staring down at the hunter.

Pulling the ranger to his feet and giving him a long stare, the priest stepped around and address Thioris. "We are not planning to meet him in the keep; that would be suicide, indeed. His following won't be an issue; our friends in the Argent Crusade will make certain of that, when the time comes."

Enth turned pale, not looking at the rogue, for he couldn't muster the strength to. The priest paused, turning back to him, and noting, "Your brother won't be able to do it alone, however..."

Clenching his hands into fists he ground out. "Fine. Better to die fighting him I suppose. But what do you plan to do?"

Willhelm looked to Thioris questioningly. Despite his plans the man could not predict the actions of those who knew about the operation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Resurrection...   The Resurrection... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Resurrection...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reflections of the Past :: World of Warcraft roleplay-
Jump to: