Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A hall of mirrored glass, where each pane shows a possibility - each a reflection of a different place and a different time. Enter freely, but tread softly - not all reflections are places of peace.

Home----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_mini_portalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 72 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:19 am
Latest topics
» Image Wars: The Doom of Attention
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 pm

» The Not-Marvel Marvelous Menagerie
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:38 am

» The basics of where we are today
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vorandril Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:17 am

» Meow meow.
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

» The Resurrection...
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

» The Corrupted Wish Game
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:41 am

----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 pm

» Endless Story
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:08 am

» HERRRRRRRRRP
----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Jalsinter Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Shoutbox

-----------------------

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

----------------------- - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:42 am

Goggles didn't bother to reply, for he knew all too well that she'd be out like a light. Once she was, he plucked the wine bottle from her grasp, eyed the bottle, and then set it down on a nearby end table; as it settled, a new note was attached, reading, "DO NOT TOUCH."

He didn't need to set a trap for prying hands. He knew just how wrathful a person could be once someone's stolen their liquor; even simple wine such as this.

The man in goggles sat down, watching as his centipede climbed up the chair from the dog's back only to sit in the middle of the table, antennae twitching.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:53 pm

How much time had passed since the Surge Elf had fallen asleep was unknown. She had long since curled up, now facing the wall; long dark hair spilling back over her pillow, and her eyes shut in a rare display of calm. Her cherry-red stained lips parted as she exhaled gently, tucking further into the blankets, with one hand twitching as though grabbing for something in another reality. Perhaps she was.

The sun had long since begun it's steady rise, resting at it's place in the sky that signaled the coming of high noon, when there was a loud rapping at the door.

The knocking came once more, softly, followed by a near inaudible sound of agitation as the door flew open. The wooden door crashed against the wall, revealing two figures, the disparity in size noteworthy:

Seth stood in the shadow of the large man from before- Roux- who already had his weapon drawn. The fair-haired thief stepped forward, his eyes soft and impassive as he scanned the room, remarking in a distant tone, "They both seem to be alive."

Roux slowly lowered his sword, ramming the blade back into it's sheath in a jerky, honest motion. His features scrunched up into a scowl, and he glowered at Goggles as though this were all somehow his fault.

"What happened? Why was the farmhouse burnt down?"

Back to top Go down
http://jellyfishslayer.deviantart.com
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Goggles was lingering there, watching, sitting for hours with unwavering patience. When the two stepped in he barely flinched, lenses staring into them sharper than any actual eyes. "Our friends discovered our hiding place. It took quite a bit of work to keep everything together. You two are clumsy and hardly reliable." he spoke dryly.

"Just like before; marked. Likely after our sleeping beauty here." As the man in goggles finished, his centipede appeared on his shoulder, crawling diagonally down his tunic and returning to his back.

Goggles was, of course, referring to Leo. However, to the others, that fact may not be apparent, since Enth was similarly asleep; until then. Eyes flickered, and a groan more lucid than any others before escaped thirsty lips.

While the man in goggles did not comment on the matter, the explorer squinted at the two who just entered, taking a moment to recognize them before letting out a quiet yelp and trying to get up and leave; the actions completely defeated by the fact that he was bound to a chair.

All he succeeded in doing was tip it backwards. With the wooden frame, he fell, legs wiggling in the air as he whimpered in discomfort. Goggles didn't even turn to watch, even as he began to ramble.

"Th-that's not- this is a dream. This is another dream- I got away from you people, this isn't happening...!"
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:10 am

Before either of the men could reply, the crack of the chair on the ground was met by a growl of agitation, and the soft hiss of fabric against skin. There was a click, D'Cordria tucked into a ball with her gun drawn, and pointed towards the crowd of people. Both of her ears were flicked back against her scalp, much like a cats; teeth bared back in a silent snarl.

"Could one of you be a sweetheart, and shut him up?" her voice was worn and whimsical, eyes shut tight as though to blot out the light of midday.

Seth lifted his gaze to regard Leonie, standing back as though he were unwilling to get directly involved. Roux was not so stoic, however, and he quickly cleared the distance between himself, and the panicking Explorer, with three powerful steps. One foot kicked out to try and press against the seat of his chair; knocking it right up. The motion would cause the chair to swish upwards, leaving Enth's face just at the enormous mans gut.

Roux glowered down at him, saying nothing.

Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:27 am

When Enth got a clear view of Roux's gut, he grew quiet, the smallest noise of panic cut off from when he was being pulled up. Oily strands of hair fell into his face, and without a means to fix it, he ignored it, shutting his eyes and sinking into his seat; bracing for any further aggressive movements on the man's part.

Goggles didn't seem to care, but without looking in Leo's direction, he commented, "Shooting the captive again will likely kill him. It won't take much more blood loss to finish him off, especially without water." After noting how close to death Enthlyi really was, the man in goggles calmly pet the dog.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:24 pm

There was a long moment in which no one said anything; the silence carried on for a time, interrupted only by the occasional creak of floorboards, and the muffled conversations in the room below. Finally, there was a click from the bed, and the sound of a gun being holstered. D'Cordria remained quiet, turning on her side and facing the wall as though to go back to bed.

"..well, what are you waiting for, then? Keep him alive."

At the sound of her order, Seth and Bronx began to move around the room, both at different paces. Seth moved slowly, to go fetch a pitcher of water from the bedside table, and Bronx stepped back from Enthlyi with a disappointed scowl directed at Leonie. He didn't bother to argue, however, muttering a gruff "I'll check the damned kitchens", before leaving via the door- and slamming it behind him.

The fair haired brigand approached the bound man and lifted the cup in the air. When he spoke, his voice was barely above a whisper, no trace of malice or kindness in his tone. "Are you thirsty?"
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Once more that disgusted feeling welled up in Enthlyi; despite the lack of emotion in the man's words, it was an insult. Bile rose into the explorer's throat and his lips twisted into a scowl as he ground out the word, "Yes."

He had many words on his mind; retorts of all kinds, but he was unable to speak them, fear keeping him back just enough from exploding at the fair haired man.

Meanwhile, Goggles remained still, almost as though he weren't really paying attention to anything. Or simply wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Quixotic
Admin
Admin
Quixotic

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Seth nodded unaffectedly, and pulled up a chair next to Enthlyi. His motions were precise, and almost gentle; as though he were being careful, although this is very unlikely. The empty-eyed man lifted the cup to their captives mouth, allowing him to drink should he so wish. The chair creaked under his weight, as on the other side of the room, D'Cordria seemed to finally slip back off into sleep.

There was a sound down below their feet, muffled, like something crashing. Barely audible yelling could be heard, to which neither the blonde or the elf seemed particularly perturbed by. Tucked beneath the din of the rooms downstairs, Seth's voice whispered to the injured man:

"What would you do to escape?"
Back to top Go down
Jalsinter
Admin
Admin
Jalsinter

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 10:20 pm

He gave the man wide eyes; though he didn't stop drinking until the cup was empty. After that was done he murmured, "Anything..." while toying with bonds far too strong to undo with hands alone. "Anything..." he echoed, looking down in thought and perhaps a flicker of hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -----------------------   ----------------------- - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-----------------------
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reflections of the Past :: General Fantasy Roleplay-
Jump to: